Our art curriculum is organic and individual. Firstly we try and focus on what each student wants and needs out of the classes. We take them through their first term of basic drawing skills and make sure their foundation is strong and ready for the type of art they are wanting to focus on.
There are weekly focuses and practices we all follow along with. For example some weeks the focus is on the medium eg. watercolour or oil painting. Other weeks the focus is on the subject eg. portrait or still life. Then other weeks we look at style eg.impressionism or realism. These various weekly focuses help us develop our skills and keep each student asking different questions of what is possible and what they enjoy.
Some students that become more developed decide to work on their own projects in class and we work individually with them to make sure they have support, supplies and most importantly… motivation!
In the end we really focus on the individual student, on growing their confidence, creativity and ability, whilst walking with them each step of the way.
There is also no need to begin in Term 1, you can start at anytime throughout the year!
• 6:30pm – 8:30pm (Grace & La)
• 11:00am – 1:00pm (Cassi & La)
• 1:30pm – 3:30pm (Cassi, La & Shyanne)
• 4:00pm – 6:00pm (Caitlin & Cal)
• 6:30pm – 8:30pm (Caitlin & Cal)
• 11:00am – 1:00pm (Cal & Caitlin)
• 1:30pm – 3:30pm (Cal & Caitlin)
• 4:00pm – 6:00pm (Cal & Cassi)
• 6:30pm – 8:30pm (Cal & Cassi)
• 11:00am – 1:00pm (Caitlin & La)
• 1:30pm – 3:30pm Caitlin & La)
• 4:00pm – 6:00pm Caitlin & La)
• 6:30pm – 8:30pm Caitlin & Cassi & Shyanne)
*SOME CLASSES ARE AT CAPACITY
Week of 5/10/20 - 11/12/20
TERM 4 CURRICULUM:
Week 1: Drawing Fundamentals
Week 2: Biro Illustration
Week 3: Pastel Painting
Week 4: Pastel Painting
Week 5: Acrylic Art
Week 6: Acrylic Art
Week 7: Gestural Painting with Ink
Week 8: Into to Oils
Week 9: Oil Painting
Week 10: Oil Painting