In this comprehensive 32hr oil painting workshop, students will learn techniques and skills that Jess has gathered as an emerging Australian portrait painter and teacher. Students will complete a portrait painting from photograph over 4 days, receive daily demos and step by steps from Jess whilst being given guided individual tuition.
Students will learn how to paint with three modes; value, temperature and perspective.
Students will be equipped with understanding of how to design the style of a portrait, how to make an underdrawing, understanding what is important in an underpainting, and how to complete a full colour portrait with individual style, not a copied style.
Jess will also teach methods she has personally learnt from professional artists including Casey Baugh, David Kassan, Shana Levenson and Robin Eley.
Jess will Provide:
- Winsor & Newton Professional Oil Paints for each student
- Easel for each student to work from
- Glass Palette, Light Box, Mediums
- Artist quality canvas
- Light refreshments throughout the day
Students to Provide:
- Selection of good Brushes (Jess can advise on what to bring if needed, and will also have brushes for sale)
- Lunch (There is a cafe next door to the studio, a vegan cafe a short drive away and a fridge at the venue)
- Travel to and from venue and accommodation if required
- 8.30am – 10.30am – Demo, theory & step by step by Jess
- 10.30am -12.30pm – Guided practice
- 12.30pm – 1:15pm – Lunch
- 1:15pm – 4.30pm – Guided practice with individual tuition
Art School Co.
1/40 Glen Kyle Dr
Buderim QLD 4556
Workshop limited to 12 students.