Colour Theory Workshop (Sat 30th Sept)
Saturday 30th September 10am - 2.30pm
All Supplies Included.
Students will receive an Art School Co. "Colour Theory Kit" to use in workshop & for future use as part of this workshop (Valued at $39.95)
Discover the beauty of colour with the Colour Theory Workshop. This workshop helps to bring your own colour experiences and theoretical knowledge together to form a powerful tool for self-expression. With it, you gain the ability to create art with deliberate purpose, carefully choosing the colours to best express your art. We'll also learn how to mix colour deliberately rather than "close enough is good enough" or "I accidentally mixed that & I don't know how to find it again". We believe colour is intuitive, but it's also made easier with the aid of theory & practical knowledge of what technically works.
What You'll Learn in the Workshop:
- How to use a colour wheel to help you make educated colour decisions in your artwork
- Use of a limited palette
- How to made educated decisions on buy paint / how to know what paints to buy in a paint store
- Colour mixing charts that will improve colour knowledge & familiarity
- How to more accurately mix colour
- How to use principles of colour theory to make educated colour decisions & edit colours from photographs
- Language for describing & mixing colours
- Tools to continue developing your colour mixing & sight after the workshop
- How temperature in colours effect painting & how to use it
Workshop participant will receive a 15% discount in-store on day of workshop.
If you have any further questions regarding the workshop please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org