4 Day Portrait Painting Workshop in Oils
Art School Co.
1/40 Glen Kyle Dr
Buderim QLD 4556
Workshop limited to 12 students
In this comprehensive 32hr oil painting workshop, students will learn techniques and skills that Jess has gathered as an emerging Australian portrait painter and teacher. Students will complete a portrait painting from photograph over 4 days, receive daily demos and step by steps from Jess whilst being given guided individual tuition.
Students will learn how to paint with three modes; value, temperature and perspective.
Students will be equipped with an understanding of how to design the style of a portrait, how to make an underdrawing, understanding what is important in an underpainting, and how to complete a full colour portrait with individual style, not a copied style.
Jess will also teach methods she has personally learnt over the years from professional artists including Casey Baugh, David Kassan, Shana Levenson and Robin Eley.
Jess will Provide:
- Winsor & Newton Professional Oil Paints for each student
- Easel for each student to work from
- Glass Palette, Light Box, Mediums
- Artist quality canvas
- Light refreshments throughout the day
Students to Provide:
- Selection of quality Brushes (Jess can advise on what to bring if needed, and will also have brushes for sale if students need to purchase new brushes)
- Lunch (There is a cafe next door to the studio, a vegan cafe a short drive away and a fridge at the venue)
- Travel to and from venue and accommodation if required
- 8.30am – 10.30am – Demo, theory & step by step by Jess
- 10.30am -12.30pm – Guided practice
- 12.30pm – 1:15pm – Lunch
- 1:15pm – 4.30pm – Guided practice with individual tuition